http://lesmasphotos.com/page/11/ Update after close 7/13:
http://exchangehotelcardiff.co.uk/blog/google-maps/ Health Care draft bill appears to have stabilized biotech despite opposition. ETFs end in green but XLV is flat. More analysis is coming tomorrow.
We are out on vaca until Monday the 17th. Here are some updates as of 11:15a Thursday:
- Biotechs are weak today falling below SMA 20 (XBI). IBB of 0.47%.
- Red screen day in biotech Amgen (AMGN) green at $173.82. NASDAQ flat. Technology leading sector up 1.3%.
- Tesaro (TSRO) down 8% to $127 on dim near-term prospects for buyout.Could be reason for weak sector.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) down 6.78% after huge day Tuesday on PAH mid stage trail results.Plans secondary of 150M shares.Still up 40% for the week.
- T.Rowe Price (PRHSX) health-care fund up 20% YTD. Among top biotech holdings are ALXN, VRTX and INCY. Prospects for GILD still look good.
- CAR-T therapies get FDA panel go-ahead with Novartis (NVS) acute lymphoblastic leukemia drug.
- Revised healthcare draft by Senate coming may keep investment income and payroll taxes; “ACA lite scenario”.