- Cautious on Amgen (AMGN) after earnings release but looks better than the IBB if you are bullish on biotech.
- XBI remains a top ETF pick but given weak momentum and volatility is currently more of a trade not a buy at these levels of $93.
- Abbvie (ABBV) recovery today to $117 level is encouraging after a 10 pt drop.
- A summary of large cap valuations and guidance will be issued after all earnings released.
tulsi uk =============
metformin sr cost uk 2017 was a volatile year for biopharma stocks but overall performance was good for those holding ETFs or selected Rayno picks for the period. It was a more difficult year for traders particularly in small caps. Many stocks peaked in early October when concerns about drug pricing hit the news cycle. Catalysts did not help later in the year as expected such as M&A deal news and breakthrough clinical milestones. Also global markets stormed ahead in Q4 2017 offering investors many alternatives to healthcare.
- Top 2017 winners in the Portfolio were speculative stocks: Foundation Medicine (FMI), a molecular information platform for oncology up 285% and bluebird bio (BLUE), an emerging gene therapy and CAR-T developer up 188%.
- The best performing large cap in our portfolio was Abbvie (ABBV) up 41.5%.
- Our top ETF pick was the SPDR S&P biotech XBI up 43%.
- Without in-depth analysis it looks like the Fidelity Select Biotechnology Fund (FBIOX) beat the the large cap IBB by 6% points.Use it for large cap exposure.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) was flat YTD but the Kite Pharma acquisition should provide long term growth.
- We added Celgene (CELG), a leading cancer and inflammatory disease growth Company, whose stock was crushed on revised 2018 guidance. The stock hit $109 in December off its lows near $100 before a Bernstein downgrade. Investors holding the stock should wait to see an update at the J.P.Morgan Healthcare Conference before taking action.
kamagra oral jelly buy online uk Sign up now for J.P.Morgan Healthcare Meeting Updates in early January.
adaferin gel buy online india Disclosure long: ABBV BMY CELG FBIOX GILD RHHBY
|Celgene||CELG||11/20/17||102||2.3||104.36||-9.8||rhinocort nasal spray price in india HOLD|
|IBB split 3:1||6/29/16||250||296||18.4||106.77||20.7||buy altace see FBIOX|