Macro Headwinds Stall Biotech Stocks and ASH Momentum Fades

Macro Headwinds Stall Biotech Rally and Healthcare Sector: XLV Down 1% Red Screen Day With Few Big Gains: ASH Trade is Over Technicals Deteriorate But Hold Positions For Early 2018 Rally The healthcare sector was a loser today maybe because of tax reform as Republicans seek budget cuts from entitlements to help pay for corporate […]

Continue Reading 0

Rayno BioBeat #7: Biotech Green Screen Day Off Recent Bottom…Update-2

Update 12/12/17 Biotech Rally Stalls at Resistance Celgene (CELG) holds $109. Mid-caps red especially INCY PTLA RDUS. Mixed market on low volume. Alexion (ALXN) trying to bounce. =============== Update 12/10/17 Can the biotech rally continue this week with ASH news? XBI hits $84 the one month peak IBB at $106 the one month peak Celgene […]

Continue Reading 0

West Coast Weather Update: LaNina Dry Pattern for Week Ahead-Weather Update…12/12/17

Update 12/12/17 Dry Pattern Will Continue in California Jet stream remains far to the North and is variable so even AR storms unlikely. Red flag warning in SoCal with Santa Ana winds brings power line ignition risk as well. Rain is Seattle by weekend but nothing big; hope for Montana ppt. Ten Day Outlook for […]

Continue Reading 0

Sluggish Biotech Stocks: Five Underlying Factors Plus A Sector Shift?

MegaCap Tech Stocks Take a Big Hit-Volatility Rising in a Sector Shift Market Rotation Supports Overall Market-S&P 500 Stable today up 17% YTD Sluggish Biotech Now Just a Market Performer With IBB up 17% YTD The booming tech sector sold off today with the XLK down over 2%. Harder hit were the 2017 high fliers […]

Continue Reading 0

Rayno Biopharmaceutical Portfolio Update with Biotech Holding: CELG,RHHBY,XBI…Update 11/29 Rotation Day

11/29/17 Market Reversal in Early Trading 11:35a -FAANG sell-off Stocks show a rotation out of technology and into financials and cyclical consumer goods. XLK is down 2.2%, XLV up 0.66%, IBB up 0.42% with large caps holding. 11/28/17 Biotechs Treading Water But Many Good Opportunities Exist Biotechs show a lack of momentum but are holding […]

Continue Reading 0

Biotech Correction: Just a market rotation or slower growth ahead?

Biotech Correction: Sell-Off Has Reached 10% over Three Months Biotechs under pressure-has revenue growth slowed? Technicals-a break through bottom channel. Need a bounce today. Celgene is a bellwether. A buy in the $102 range. Biotech stocks have been weak since Q4 earnings were reported and despite gains of about 15% or more year-to-date (IBB), warning […]

Continue Reading 0

LaNina is Here with First Major West Coast Storm of Season in Coming Days

A LaNina Advisory was Issued on November 9 This weak LaNina generally affects climate as follows: “The outlooks generally favor above-average temperatures and below-median precipitation across the southern tier of the United States, and below-average temperatures and above- median precipitation across the northern tier of the United States.” In previous years LaNina has delivered great […]

Continue Reading 0

Biotech Hangover: Recent Earnings Feed Caution with No Near Term Catalysts

Biotech Hangover from Earnings Clouds Outlook Healthcare sector (XLV) lagging technology (QQQ) and FAANG stocks. No earnings catalysts until Jan 2018 but Q4 has seen strong seasonality. Technicals rule as sellers predominate. Bull market is intact. On October 16 we posted that Risks were Rising for the 2017 biotech rally primarily because technicals were weakening […]

Continue Reading 0

Rayno Biopharmaceutical Portfolio Update: Buy and Hold is the Key…Update-2

Update 11/8/17 …Per comments on Monday. Celgene (CELG) technicals are holding at $102-103 so we will add CELG to the Rayno Portfolio at a price of ~$102.5. The stock was battered on earnings news so we see good value and potential for long term growth. Forward PE is 11.74, Price/Sales is 6.33. Risk is balance […]

Continue Reading 0

Rayno BioBeat #6: What Have I Missed After Two Weeks of Travel and Away From Trading Biotech Stocks?…Update 11/3

BioBeat Market Update…Technicals Firming Up 11/3/17 11am A lot of green screen today so time to nibble but I would prefer to pick stocks rather than play the ETF game. Recent trades we made are: sell XBI at $87, buy PFE at $35 and today buy CELG at $100. No change in our Biopharmaceutical Portfolio […]

Continue Reading 0