11/16…TSRO Alert at $35, Up 32%, Company is for Sale
go to link Big mid-cap 4% movers today: AGIO ARNA (up 21.6%) ARRY CRSP LOXO NBIX ICPT SRPT XNCR
We added small positions over the past week in ABBV AMRN KPTI QQQ XLV and XBI as trades but assuming a move off the bottom with XBI at $77.59 up 3.55%
11/15 11:20a EST Update …Traders: look for rally today off XBI bottom of $76; green screen underway in mid and small caps. IBB at $103
11/14 1:30p EST Update…IBB Can’t Hold -Down another 1.55% to $102.42 near 2018 bottom.
- Big 2018 winner VRTX down 3.2% on profit taking. ABBV and BMY holding.
- Red screen day in Mid-Caps.
- XBI at one year lows down 6.81%.
11/13 Update…IBB down slightly to $104 over two days
- Trying to hold but choppy in ABBV GILD MRK RHHBY.
- XBI down 7.1% to $77.28 over one month at 10/24 lows.
- S&P Core Small Cap IJR down 10.8% over 3 mos.mirroring XBI.
- Mid-caps mixed but some big winners:AGIO EXEL FOLD IONS NVCR TSRO XNCR.
2018 Biopharmaceutical Performance-Large Caps and ETFs
Key Takeaways: Large Cap Biopharmaceutical Performance
- The October 2018 sell-off in the market overall has obliterated biopharmaceutical stock performance with some improvement over the past week. Highs for the year were hit at the end of August for many stocks especially small and mid caps.
- The best performers YTD are MRK up 33% and VRTX up 20.48%.
- The worst performers YTD are CELG down 29%, BMY down 12.88% and ABBV down 8.19%
- The most expensive stock is VRTX with a P/S over 16 and a Fwd PE of 42.34 but it still has a high analyst recommendation rating of 1.8.
- CELG looks like a cheap stock but has disappointed all year off a high in January of $109.89.
- The XLV healthcare sector is doing very well up 12.4% YTD and up 4% last week on the post-election rally. The FBT is up 10.8% YTD.
- The IBB is outperforming the largest biotech fund the Fidelity Biotechnology (FBIOX) by about 3%.
Disclosure: we have reduced many positions in October but we are still long: ABBV, ALXN,BMY, FBIOX, GILD, MRK XLV,( plus new positions above).