6/27/17 Red Screen Day: Sell-Off in Biotechs Possibly Due to Senate Delay in Healthcare Vote
- IBB down 1.54% at $314.80.
- Momentum stocks are weak; NASDAQ down 1.2%.
- Take profits on XBI trade at $78 range after 34% move YTD.
- Allow time for arm twisting by Republicans after JY 4.
Biotech Breakout Continues with Larger Caps Jumping In
Biotechs Soar And Healthcare Sector Leads Despite Health Policy Uncertainty
2017 Biotech Run Has Been Impressive but What Can we Buy Now?
The BIO 2017 International Convention in San Diego got a big boost with investors piling into biotechnology and healthcare stocks. Of course many of the attendees may not have been aware of the rally because they were more focused on the opportunities, strategies and growth of their companies within the context of 16 daily tracks of information. See #BIO2017 on twitter for updates. Over 15,000 attended and 1000 global companies exhibited in diverse specialties such as drug discovery, digital health, bioprocessing, personalized medicine and entrepreneurial services. We will provide short articles on topics covered at the BIO 2017 meeting today and later this week such as Neurodegenerative Diseases, Big Data and Precision Medicine and CAR-T therapies for Oncology.
Just as a review and picking up coverage of our oncology stocks, here are the stocks in the news and see how far they have come in two weeks post-ASCO.
- The equal weighted XBI is now up 34.74% YTD.
- The large cap weighted IBB is up 20% YTD.
- The XLV healthcare SPDR is up 17.5% YTD.
- Next-up Senate Healthcare Bill in next two weeks; Medicaid is a big issue.
ASCO NEWS Stocks
And keep in mind the 2017 Rayno Life Science Portfolio.