Large Cap Biopharmaceuticals 2018 Performance after J.P.Morgan Healthcare Conference
Here is an update of Large Cap Biopharmaceuticals Performance over the past 12 months. These numbers will be updated after all 2017 financials have been reported.
- Note that the IBB is a good pick for Large Cap Biopharma up ~20% YoY.
- Only ABBV (a Rayno pick) beat the IBB.
- XBI has been our top ETF pick, up 37.88% YoY, although it is more volatile and may underperform in bear markets.
- Regeneron (REGN) is down over 2% 2018 YTD.
- The Fidelity Select Biotechnology Portfolio (FBIOX) continues to outperform the IBB up 22.4% over 12 months.
|1/15/2018||Rev$B||Cap $B||12 mos YTD||YTD %Perf.|
Best performers over 12 months: ABBV up 61.86%, AMGN up 18.5%, BIIB up 18%.
The following 2017 data (see below) will be updated by Mid February. We will also add Vertex (VRTX) to large caps with a $38B market cap after rising 91% over one year! P/S is 16.87 so revenue expectations are very high.
Compare the stock performance at this time last year 2/11/17 when top performing stocks were CELG, AMGN and ABBV.