4/13 Update Biotech Sector Uptrend Intact XBI at 232.09
Clovis Oncology (CLVS) Up 13% On Upgrade
Biotech Sector Brings In Buyers
The late Q1 sell-off appears over as buyers are coming in near the 5o day moving average of the XBI, the more volatile ETF.The IBB shows a similar chart and both are up over 2% today.The lagging healthcare sector also rallied today with the XLV up 6.64% YTD but off March highs. The major driver in healthcare stocks have been M&A and that resumed today with the Mylan/Perrigo deal.Most speculative immuno-oncology stocks are up today as well: AGIO,BLUE,JUNO,KITE,MDVN etc.
Here is the 2015 scoreboard for the sector:
- Major ETFs: FBT up 16.9% YTD, IBB up 15.9% YTD, XBI up 21.2% YTD.
- The Fidelity Select Biotechnology Fund (FBIOX) is up 15.35% closely matching the performance of the IBB.
- Rayno Large Caps up 8.63% YTD: ALXN,AMGN,BIIB,GILD,REGN,RHHBY.
- Rayno Mid Caps up 31% YTD: ALKS,CLVS,PCYC,SGEN,VRTX.Need 2 new picks to replace CBST and PCYC.
- Rayno Small Cap Latest Picks: CLDX,FCSC,FMI,GLYC. We added Ignyta, Inc.(RXDX) yesterday at $10.59.
Review previous posts for the complete Rayno Biopharmaceuticals Portfolio.We will review our Diagnostics and Tools Portfolio after Q1 earnings are reported.