Update 3…IBB teetering along SEP Support of $170:
9/24..A lot of red today XBI down 2%. Large caps down as well. BNTX down over 5%.
Update-2 Another good day for life science stocks. Still expecting a Q4 biotech bounce in small/mid-cap stocks. FED Meeting supports bullish outlook on the economy. China concerns move off to the side. Broad rally today with all major sectors except utilities and real estate.
- Our top mutual fund pick T.Rowe Price Health Sciences (PRHSX) leads most biotech ETFs with a diversified portfolio of healthcare, medtech and biopharma: UNH, ISRG, DHR, LLY, BNTX etc.
- Major ETFs today: new buy IBB up 1.35% to $173.94, XBI up 1.88% to $133.
- Small cap focus picks from early May continue to rally: CYRX, CRSP and VCYT. Small cap ETFS are up supporting our thesis: IJR, IWD, IWM.
Update-1 9/21 Nice recovery day with the NAZ up 0.22%. All of our top small/mid cap picks were up CRSP CYRX VCYT. ARKG and XBI bellwethers were up over 1%. Quidel (QDEL) was. up over 3% to $157now tracking well on technicals up 10 ipts over five days. We added to biotech today with the IBB. at the $171 level. The IBB is up over 13% YTD but should show resilience amidst macro news. Large cap leaders today are AZN, GILD, REGN and RHHBY, Mid caps were green led by Acceleron (XLRN) up 9.8% to $153.29 a new high on huge volume.deal and news coming?
Biotech and Healthcare Portfolio as of 9/17
- XLV up. 17% YTD led by UNH, IBB was improving up 14.6% YTD.
- U.S. MedTech leads with IHI up 24% YTD.
- MO small cap growth stocks represented by ARKG and XBI are lagging.
We won’t dig into an analysis at this moment while markets are in turmoil because of China Real Estate. Rather you should use these values as of the Friday close to trend your biotech and healthcare portfolio going into Q4.
A surprising winner was the T.Rowe Price Health Sciences Fund (PRHSX) up 21.67% YTD. As of 1:45P EDT the NASDAQ is off 2.53% to 14659. The IBB is down 1.91% to 170 and the XLV is down 1.21% to $130. The only green stocks I see in healthcare right now are AZN LLY MRK and PFE.
|10/25||%||1 mo.||12/31||%||% Perf||9/17/21||% Perf||2021|
|iShares NAZ Bio||IBB||136||25||143.22||2.27||151.5||11.9||25.7||173.61||14.6||176.81|
|iShares Russell 2k||IWM||163||10||184.37||16.56||196.4||30.9||18.3||222.48||13.5||234.42|
|SPDR S&P Bio||XBI||117||5||131.46||11.95||140.8||26.3||48||132.88||-5.61||174|
|iShares U.S MedT||IHI||59.24||
|T.Rowe Hlth Sci||